Legal & Admin
The major mineral lease is granted under central Mines And Minerals (development & regulation) act 1957.and Mineral Concession rules 1960.
Application for reconnaissance permit; prospecting licence and mining lease shall be furnished in for A,B, and I forms respectively. These forms are available in mineral concession rules 1960 and are to be submitted to the district magistrate office of the concerned district. The prospecting licence, reconnaissance permit and mining lease is sanctioned by the state Government on the technical report of the directorate and the report of district magistrate regarding status of the land.
The Minor Mineral lease is granted under UP Minor Mineral Concession Rules 1963. The lease is sanctioned by the District Magistrate of the concerned district except limestone marble and dimensional granite which is sanctioned by the state government. The application is submitted to the concerned DM office and forms are available in the UP Minor Mineral Concession Rules 1963.
State Mineral Policy 2017
- Sustainable Socio Economic Development.
- Mineral Conservation.
- Maintaining sustainable environment and ecology.
- Growth in mineral revenue as a share of state own resources from 1.85% to 3% in the coming 5 years.
- Use of technological intervention for curbing illegal mining/transportaion and ensuring strict punishment for persons involved in this.
- To promote employment in mineral sector.
- To encourage fair competition in mineral sector.
- To make available mineral based information/data including mineral map to interested entrepreneurs.
- To promote private investment in mineral development.
- To promote exploration activity in the Private sector for search of new mineral deposits.
- To implement welfare programme for people affected by mining activity.