The Directorate of Geology & Mining UP was created in the year 1955, is a multi-disciplinary organisation under the Department of Geology and Mining, Govt. of U.P. having total strength of 944 employees including Geologist,Chemist ,Geophysicist and Mining officers. -
- To explore the mineral resources by geological mapping, drilling and sampling for the estimation of reserves. Experience in assessing Industrial Minerals like LimeStone,SilicaSand, Pyrophyllite, Diaspore, Bauxite, Rock Phosphate and refractory minerals.
- Engaged in the promotion of conservation and scientific development of mineral resources, and mineral based industries in the state
- Presently engaged in the Exploration of base metals & high value minerals.
||EPBX 0522-2205904, 2205909 |
|Toll Free No.
||Khanij Bhawan, 27/8, Ram Mohan Rai Marg, Lucknow, U.P. -226001
Scientific and balanced development of mineral resources of the State, Promotion of mineral based industrial development and generation of additional employment.
- To promote private and foreign capital investment in mineral development.
- To make available mineral based information/data including mineral map to interested entrepreneurs.
- To provide technical know-how for scientific development of minerals.
- To encourage competition in mineral industry through optimum use of minerals. Promotion and use of bye products.
- To generate employment opportunities in mineral bearing backward areas of the State through mineral development.
- To provide supplementary infrastructure facilities for mineral development.
- To ensure protection of environment and ecological balance during and after mining operation.
- To ensure safety and welfare of the people engaged in mining activities.
Role of Directorate of Geology & Mining
The Directorate carries out geological, Geochemical surveys and detailed exploration of mineral deposits. It processes prospecting/mining lease applications, under MCR 1960 & UPMMCR 1963 demarcation of mining areas and monitors mineral revenue. Advises the State Government in the matters of mineral development. The activity of Directorate includes :-
- Mineral exploration for preparing mineral inventory and to promote mineral based industry in the State.
- To encourage mineral exploration activity through private sector for search of new mineral deposits.
- Take up sponsored exploration for entrepreneurs at scheduled rates as well as consultancy in respective fields.
- Promote mineral development.
- Collect, analyse, compile and computerise data relating to minerals and make available to entrepreneurs.
- Provide technical know - how and basic facility to the entrepreneurs for scientific mining with environmental safeguards and optimum utilisation.
- Provide laboratory testing facilities to entrepreneurs at scheduled rates.
- Implement Mineral Concession Rules.
- Monitor planned mining operations, environmental safeguards and ensure reclamation of mined areas, as well as safety and welfare of workers.
- Monitor enforcement and collection of royalty and supervise utilisation of infrastructure.
- Strengthen the mine administration.
In addition to the above, a specialised cell in the Directorate of Geology and Mining will carry out the following jobs.
- Promote development of minerals by analysing available information for the purpose of capital investment.
- Provide assistance in maintaining quality control at the operating mines.
- Provide assistance in seeking foreign collaboration for import of technology.
- Prepare techno-economic feasibility reports for mineral based projects and assist the Government agencies and financial institutions and private investors in project appraisal and clearance.
- Promote market development & research and assist in setting up of Mineral Estate in specific/strategic areas.
- Organise seminars, exhibitions and publish literature for promoting mineral development.
Service Available to Entrepreneurs
- To promote exploration activity in the Private sector for search of new mineral deposits.
- To take up sponsored exploration and consultancy activities.
- To provide technical know - how and facilities for scientific mining with environmental safe guards and optimum mineral utilization.
- To provide laboratory and testing facilities at scheduled rates.
- To provide assistance in quality control of operating mines.
- To provide assistance in seeking foreign collaboration for import of technology.
- To prepare techno-economic feasibility reports for mineral based projects and assist the government agencies financial institutions and private investors in project appraisal and clearance.
Message from Director
On behalf of the Directorate of Geology and Mining U.P. Lucknow, we welcome the world community to our Website. This is a humble beginning of ambitious project of data dissemination and customer service. We welcome your suggestions for improvement and request your patience while we gain our Net feet.